Friday, March 8, 2013

back ... again!

last week my husband and i were in cabo for a work trip that he earned by busting his butt last year! it was BEAUTIFUL and we spent a lot of time by the pool, watching whales - it was amazing. (i also spent some time explaining diabetes and things related to friends, i always enjoy educating and spreading the knowledge)

WHALE!

we've been home since monday, but my brain is still in that lazy post-vacation fog. i should have gone to the gym this week ... haven't. meant to put my dexcom back on tuesday ... didn't (it's still not on as i write this, i should probably go do that).

i'm excited to say that i've accepted a position that will be a great career move for me - i'm thrilled to start this new chapter! and two bonuses ... 1. they have an office cat. for real. AN OFFICE CAT! i love that. and 2. a woman used to worked there who was type 1 and had an insulin pump - so they told me they'll get juice to keep in the fridge for me! how nice is that?! 

i'm slowly getting back on track with this 'ol blog, it feels good! 

here are a few more cabo pictures, just for funsies: 

beach party with the husband

yeah, i did that.

have a great weekend and st. patrick's day (if you're into that celebration)!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great time! I'm thankful for Devon to be your Dear Husband, for the fun you two have together, and for OFFICE CATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, lyra! Did you get up in it? That's my favorite aerial art to do! Also jealous of an office cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, not in the dress ;) they also had aerial ribbon dancers - SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I haven't done ribbons but I have done silks (similar maybe?) and that is also super fun. I'm sure there's probably a studio around you if you were curious. :)

      Delete