Friday, May 10, 2013

forgetful.

sometimes - thankfully not very often - i forget diabetes 'things.' not forgetting to do something like check BG or take insulin, but forgetting objects at home. there's been the occasional time i run out for an errand and forgot my dexcom on the couch, or left it on my desk when i'm at work and went to a meeting ...

but then there are the times i forget that my insulin is low and i'll have to change my site at work and leave ALL the stuff i need at home. usually it's when the low alarm on my pump has gone off in the middle of the night and i forget it went off, therefore forgetting to grab a resevoir, infusion set and insulin. 

thankfully it doesn't happen very often but when it does, it ruins my day. having to drive home from work because it's too far from 5:00 to wait til i get home, changing my site, driving back to work ... takes way too much time out.

i know i'm not the only forgetful one, but man, i beat myself up about it when it happens. 


...but i didn't forget today. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment